Crystal Ball





Today's first few achievements - having made it to my train within 6 minutes before it was departing which meant: a 150 metre down hill sprint towards the station, then getting a salted caramel latte with an almond croissant (fancied something different) and holding the back pack, a coffee and the croissant in one hand while using the ticket in the barriers with the left hand and then securing a decent seat in the train.

It's a fairly busy carriage today and also a very quiet one. But I do think my choice of drink and the croissant today are even better at sharpening my observational skills. I say this because there's a man sitting two rows ahead listening to morning radio with his head phones on but I can still hear that clearly. Or could it be that he hasn't connected the headphones correctly?

As I got on and sat in my seat there were two men already sitting on the two seats opposite me one at 12 o'clock and the other at 11 o'clock (their positions from me) , both already working away on their laptops on  a Monday morning a couple of hours before office times. The one at 12 o clock is called Mr Thirsty for the purpose of this blog because he has already finished a pepsi max can and a 500ml bottle of water in 20 mins, squashed the bottle like it's a piece of paper, started on the second one and he has one more full bottle like that along with a 100 ml yogurt drink behind his Asus 13 inch slim silver laptop. I think he's either been drinking all weekend or he could be from somewhere in the Arctic where there's always cold and he feels that he will get dehydrated in this particularly hot morning when it's as hot as 5 degrees. He seems pretty happy while constantly looking at his computer screen with some subtle music playing in his white corded headphones (yes I can hear that too), wearing a black beanie hat covering the headphones and his ears, dressed in a blue and yellow checkered collared shirt tucked in formally with a smart casual styled blue jacket.

The man at 11 o clock is a complete opposite of him, bald shaven shining head like a crystal ball of his is making the lights in the train reflect in such a way that not only he has brightened the carriage but also my day. Now I understand why the man next to him is drinking so much, he must feel like he's sitting close to a mini sun. I'm impressed with the sheer seriousness on his face while he's working on his black hp 15 inch laptop. He looks like he should be a scientist in some superhero movie the way he's dressed in a slick navy suit, blue shirt and a red tie. He has taken a call and said hello hello, can hear me.. can hear me.. Lol. Bad reception on the train. He's now telling some one off on the phone for not saving their documents on central data.

Woah, the man at 12 o'clock has just smashed the 2nd water bottle after drowning it in record 18 minutes and has picked up the third one. While he was doing that he knocked the yoghurt bottle which was rolling on the table and I could see it from the corner of my eye while reading a text from my friend. I then caught it with my right hand very casually while looking at the man. He's impressed with my spiderman like reflexes and he smiled and said thank you. To which I smiled back. I know he's doing some quality checks on someone's work because he's took a call from a lady which I can hear (obviously) even though he has his head phones on and told her off for doing it all wrong. Ruthless!!

I have also heard the man sitting in the seat on my right snore quite loud and then almost wake up after sleeping through the whole way and that made the lady in the seat behind him wake up too who looked very comfortable using her big coat as a blanket. Why can't I ever sleep on the train...

I think I have wrote enough for today. Hope you all have a great start to the week.

Keep smiling

Adeel

Comments

  1. Lol crystal ball... and mr thirsty must be on coke to consume this must liquids lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol love that shiny mini sun part.. made me laugh out loud even though i myself am bald these days.. omg hahahaa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pedal To The Metal

Super Powers