Time



The train today is quite busy being the second working day of the week. The man sitting opposite me in the train this morning looks like Lord Farquaad (with glasses and without the hat) from Shrek. He has this weird look on his face whilst he is busy working on his 14 inch, silver HP laptop. The best way I can explain the look is, he looks like he's scared that he won't be able to finish the work he's doing on his laptop by the time the train stops and he's also constipated. Looks like he's rushing to finish some important work or may be he thinks the time is running out..

On the other hand, the man on his left is sitting with a news paper reading every page of it in detail. It looks like he is killing time and there's almost a sense of calmness on his face. I think he is reading everything written in the news paper to make use of the spare time he has on his hands while he's traveling and he has nothing else to do. He must feel this is a long train journey.

They say, 'Time flies when you're having fun'. But, I am sure none of the two I've mentioned above are having fun. Yet, it must feel like it's flying for Lord Farquaad. What exactly is time? Can it really go quicker or slower for different people in different states of mind at the same time. I think it does happen. As Albert Einstein has said, "Time is relative; its only worth depends on what we do as it is passing".

In my train this morning, I know for certain, to the people in my carriage their train journey will feel quicker or slower depending on what they're doing. For example, I know the lady sitting at 45 degrees from me won't feel the journey was an hour and 20 minutes because she is going to fast forward it by sleeping all the way through. She is doing so by using a technique I've not seen before. She is using her bag as a pillow on the small foldable table in front of her and is resting her head on it. She looks very comfortable wearing the soft woollen scarf around her neck.

I also know that the ticket checking lady on the train this morning must feel the journeys are not that long because of two reasons, a- she does this several times a day everyday and that's her job and b- she loves her job. I think she must have prepared all her life for this job because she looks too excited whenever I see her. She loves waking people from their sleep and asking them to show their tickets even if she has seen them before. She did that to the lady sitting 45 degrees from me by tapping on her shoulder and saying have I seen your ticket. As soon as the lady woke up she said, 'oh, I've seen your ticket before, sorry'. I'm sure she did that on purpose and laughed to herself (without making a noise).

The man and lady on my left are having a good time. Looks like they enjoy each others company and almost secretly fancy each other (or atleast the man fancies her). Even though, I can tell from their body language and the ring on man's hand that he would be married (to someone else). I bet that they must feel time goes really quick for them when they're together because they keep laughing at little things.

I like what Anna Godbersen (American writer) said, "I've always believed in savoring the moments. In the end, they are the only things we'll have."

Life is short and writing this has certainly made me feel my train journey is not that long either. I wanna say to you all, "Do the things you enjoy, make time for yourself and make time to laugh". 

Have a great time..

Please keep your comments coming. 

Adeel

Comments

  1. It’s hard to imagine few things you mention in your blog, we definitely need pictures to demonstrate them for example constipated man in hurry I can’t imagine the expression lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lollll... I don't think I'm allowed to take pictures. But I can try and describe better in the next blogs

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pedal To The Metal

Super Powers

Crystal Ball